Friday 28 June 2013

Rimmel 60 Seconds 'Grey Matter' (805)

Hello all,

This is just a small one from my Fragrance Direct haul at the beginning of this month.


For ages I had been looking for a grey polish to add to my collection. Grey was a hot colour in the autumn/winter season last year looking good with winter clothing and tones. My idea shade would have been a light, soft grey that is feminine and not too 'punky'.

'Grey Matter' fit the bill for me. After seeing swatches online, I knew for ages that this was a polish I would like to own. So when I saw it on Fragrance Direct for 99p, I popped it in my basket.


Rimmel 60 Seconds 'Grey Matter' (805)

In the bottle, it looked like a light grey - perfect. On the nail, it dried a bit darker. Yes, I was a little disappointed but it was not unsightly. I feel this sort of grey is definitely a autumn/winter colour and is not too versatile for spring or summer. However with the current British weather, it's not too out of place!

The formula itself is OK - good, but not perfect. It seems to have a slightly thicker consistency to the polish, but it is nothing unmanageable. This polish self levels itself OK but some of the streaks are still visible.

However, the staying power has been relatively marvellous. Currently, I only have a tiny chip on my right index finger and I have had it on since Monday. 

Would I recommend this? Only if you like the colour. For Rimmel, this is an average polish. If you like super smooth nail varnish, you may not like this too much. If longevity is more important, I cannot recommend highly enough.

Are you a fan of grey nail polish?


4 comments: