Wednesday 26 June 2013

Armani Code Pour Femme EDP

Hello lovelies,

This is yet another scent from the tiny collection of fragrances I own. Armani Code Pour Femme is a fragrance I fell in love with as soon as I smelled it. Released in Spring 2006, I did not discover this until January 2007 when I was looking for a 'revision' perfume (after being advised that scent and memory are closely linked, I decided to give this revision 'tip' a go). The lady at the counter told me to give this a sniff and it was my favourite out of the bunch. However being a cash strapped 16-year-old, I had to settle for the much cheaper Kylie Mingogue 'Darling' but I never forgot how beautiful this scent was.

I was lucky enough to buy the Eau de Toilette version later that year while in duty-free on holiday. I purchased a 50 ml bottle and was besotted with it. I then dedicated it to being my evening fragrance until early last year when my bottle ran out. So I requested it for Christmas and my Dad was kind enough to buy me a 75 ml Eau de Parfume - much more expensive than I expected to receive.


Giorgio Armani Code Pour Femme EDP

In my opinion, this is a timeless scent. The notes I get most prominently are white floral's and ginger followed by some citrus notes. Others have reported they pick up the smell of honey but it does not come out very strongly on me.

This EDP is definitely a winter or evening scent. This fragrance is heavy and long lasting so can be too much for my sense of smell in warmer weather. I feel the EDT could be used during the daytime as it is much lighter in scent but comes with a downside of not lasting as long as this one.

Would I recommend this to others? Yes. This is a very classy scent which could border on smelling slightly 'old' like Chanel No.5 or J'adore. If heavy scents are not for you, I would recommend the EDT version as it is just as pretty as this.

Have you tried Armani Code Pour Femme? Do you like it?



2 comments:

  1. This looks brilliant, I love to try out new perfumes :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. I'm a perfume-aholic too! :P x

      Delete