Sunday 23 June 2013

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipstain 'Don't Stop Blushing'

Hello all,

I thought I would blog about something a little different today as all I seem to talk about is nails and fragrance. So I thought I would review something I bought back in Easter when Boots had 3 for 2 on all make up at Boots. As a big fan of lip stain rather than lipstick I decided on a cheaper and longer lasting option than using my favourite Benetint which I now use primarily on my cheeks. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Stain 'Don't Stop Blushing'

After seeing the advertisements by Rimmel for a new, affordable lip stain, I thought I would give it a try as I love my lips looking slightly more pink than my natural colour. So I swatched the testers in Boots and made the decision that 'Don't Stop Blushing' was the shade I wanted. I also liked the idea that it had a lip balm on the end to prevent your lips from drying out or giving a natural shine. From this product, I expected it to be long lasting and transfer-proof.

Top: Without Balm, Bottom: With Balm

I was quite disappointed with this product. When I swatched the testers on my hand in the shop, this colour looked very pink. However on my lips, it was a very bright orangey-pink coral. This is not the best tone for my fair complexion and at first did not feel very confident wearing it as a day-to-day colour.

This lip stain is only transfer-proof if you do not layer its own balm on top of it. When I noticed it transfer the first time, I assumed it was because I put it it on too soon after application. So next time I used it, I made sure the lip colour had dried completely before adding the balm. This mad no difference. I would leave kiss marks on my boyfriends cheek, on my drinking glasses, on my food and it even (embarrassingly) had made its way on to my chin while eating a sandwich. So certainly not transfer-proof with the lip balm on.

Long lasting? Not as well as I had hoped. From my experience wearing this without the balm, it lost its colour within a few hours. I expected this to last all day because the word 'stain' implies it is practically tattooed to you all day.

One good thing about this? The felt-tip applicator. It allows for a controlled application meaning tracing one's lips is relatively easy. But that is where the positives stop because to get a decent amount of colour on the lips you need to use the side of the applicator as the top part dries out so quick.

Another thing I wish this product came with is a factory seal. I notice a lot of Rimmel products do not have a seal and then you cannot be entirely sure whether someone (selfish) has tried this out because they don't want to try out a communal tester.

For £5.99, I would certainly not recommend this product. It is over priced for its claims. I would suggest investing more in this kind of product and buying something from Maxfactor. For half the price, I would consider buying this product again but not for any more.

Have you tried the Rimmel Lip Stains? Do you think I'm being too harsh on the product?

xxxx

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Bummer it did not last as long or as well as you wanted, but it's still a gorgeous color on you! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete