Tuesday 16 July 2013

I Own It! : Prada Candy L'Eau

Hello Lovelies,

I apologise if this seems a somewhat repeated post but I just wanted to share that I have actually purchased a perfume after adoring one of my samples! Prada Candy L'eau is relatively new to the market being released in Spring this year to follow up its Eau de Parfum Prada Candy.

Since I am with the O2 network, I felt I should take advantage of the 'Priority Moments' they had on offer. Currently, there is an offer for £10 off any fragrance at The Fragrance Shop if you have Priority Moments. This really tempted me to purchase a perfume I had been desiring for a while. I settled on this as I enjoy sweet scents and the fact it is 'L'Eau' (which the woman in the shop told me basically means 'light'), I felt this was a great daytime summer fragrance. I did debate on whether to get the original 'Prada Candy' but after testing it on my skin, I could not have it. It smelled of lipstick rather than the delicious caramel that was supposed to be relayed.






On Fragrantica, it lists these as the smells for this scent:
Top Notes - Citruses
Heart Notes - Sweet Pea
Base Notes - White Musk, Benzoin, Caramel

This fragrance is certainly sweet but light enough so that it is not overpowering for those around you. For some reason, I can smell a 'coconutty' scent while wearing this yet it still does not smell tropical. I really do not regret buying this as the smell is very feminine. 

I love the bottle for this. To me, the design is very 'Prada' (as it should be!). The pattern inside the box was very art deco and leads to a spectacular bottle. The bottle is simple, yet modern with the spray nozzle being in the shape of a flying saucer. The spray also give a good coverage which is ideal for those that like to spray and walk into the mist of the scent.

I picked this up for £39.50 with my £10 off discount for 50 ml. I felt this was a bargain as I have never seen it that cheap anywhere else. To my surprise, I also received a Prada Candy make-up bag! I will definitely be using this as it is very chic.

Do you like this scent? Or is it to sweet for your liking?

O2 customers can get £10 any scent from The Fragrance Shop until the 23rd July.



You can look at my other post here.

3 comments:

  1. i love this scent! i only have a few drops left of the original - need to buy some more
    following your blog now :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. Unfortunately the original smells of lipstick on me lol. Thanks for the follow. I am following you too now :) x

      Delete
  2. This perfume smells gorgeous!
    Would you want to follow each other via Bloglovin :)?

    Much Love,
    www.feather-esque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete