Wow, it feels more than forever since I've posted on here and I just hate it. I have managed to take some time out of my half term to write this so I'm very glad. Despite not posting, my love of beauty products has not stopped and hence why I am cramming my three hauls from the past three months into one post! Yes, that is one haul per month. My make-up bag just can't help be get bigger and bigger right now :)
August - ELF 50% off sale (+ free delivery)
What I hauled:
Minty Lip Gloss in Miami
Pressed Powder Blush in Shy
Tinted Moisturiser in Ivory
Lash Lengthening Mascara in Black
Double Tip Concealer & Highlighter in Fair
Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips
HD Blush in Encore
5 Piece Make-Up Brush Set
Most of this stuff wasn't for me. I decided to haul a load of stuff for my Mum's birthday to make her up an entire new make-up bag. So the only two things I had ordered for myself were the Minty Lip Gloss and HD Blush. Most of these products I had to blind buy as I couldn't find pictures on the internet. Here are a few things I can say about what I received:
- I personally LOVE the Minty Lip Gloss. It tingles a little when applied and ends up tasting quite sweet when applied. It is really tasty! The colour is understated and the doe foot applicator applies the right amount of gloss - perfect!. The only downside is there isn't enough of this in the tube!
- There was only one colour left of the HD blushes and I was desperate to try one so I ordered on anyway. Encore is a very deep berry colour and was a bit of a mistake to buy. It is hard to apply as you only need a minimal amount otherwise you can look as if you have a ruddy complexion! In a lighter shade, I would have probably loved this.
- Lash Lengthening Mascara was a purchase for my Mum and my goodness she loves this mascara! She claims she has found her perfect mascara ever thanks to this purchase.
September - Superdrug Haul (Free Delivery)
What I hauled:
GOSH Velvet Touch Primer x 2
Barry M Nail Paint in Silvery Lilac
Accessorize Rock Star Gift Set
This was a small haul but a lot with it. I really wanted to own an Accessorize Blusher and this was a good value way to buy it. The set cost about £6.50 and a blusher is worth £4.95. So here is what I thought:
- The gift set without a doubt was great value for money. I use the blusher often even though it is not a shade that is in the shops (this one is in 'Starlet'). I put two of the nail varnishes in my Mum's beauty box and have yet to try the other products yet.
- I have already reviewed the GOSH primer. A little disappointing, yes, but some could make this work with their skin.
- The Barry M Nail Paint is something I had wanted for a while. My boyfriend bought it for his sister last Christmas and I wanted a bottle about 3 months later. I couldn't find it in the shops so I was thrilled to see this online. The colour is lovely but hard to put on, did not dry very quickly and chipped moderately. I only have no regrets because of the colour.
October: Fragrance Direct
What I hauled:
Maybelline 24 hour Super Stay Lip Colour in Pink Spice
Maybelline 24 hour Super Stay Lip Colour in Fire Garnet
Maybelline Colour Sensational Popsticks in Pink Lollipop
L'Oreal Color Riche Made For Me Lipstick in Rose Printemps 216
Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick in Rose Rush 137
I went a bit made with the lipsticks. I hadn't really owned any before and now I'm a trainee teacher, I want to look as presentable as possible. 'Pink Spice' was a little bit of a mistake buy as I blind bought trying to use my Google skills which showed me a completely different colour, oops! Here are my initial views:
- The Super Stay Lip Colour's are a great buy if you know what colour you're buying. At £2.99 (as opposed to £8, like in the shops) for colour that hardly budges, this is a steal. I am thinking of blind buying 'Infinite Petal' next time.
- The Maybelline Popstick lipstick was surprisingly great for what I wanted. I had read a lot of reviews online and most of them said it was a waste of money as the colour pay off wasn't great. I agree, but I actually went into Superdrug to swatch these before I made my order (yes, I know that was a little cheeky). Pink Lollipop had the best colour pay off so I added it to my basket. I love that these are neon and clear. The colour on my lips is great. It rosies up my natural lip colour enhancing my lips for a natural look.
Hopefully, it won't be too long until I write my next post again (or be able to comment on a few of yours!).